Disclosure & License
- Disclosure– the opinions expressed on this webpage do not necessarily express those of OBOD, ADF, RDG, AODA, or its memberships, anybody else I might cite or write about, my family, or anyone besides me.
- Copyright- I hold the copyright on this site. The only item that is free for use in unmodified form is the Druid Wheel of the Year graphic (seen on this page). I’m reviewing the copyright notices of other websites or work that I cite on this webpage, and striving to make this a fair use and/or to give proper attribution. If you think I have made an error in this regard please contact me ASAP. We’ll work it out if there is a problem.
Information that is gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors based on their visit to sites they visit on the Internet.
Google Analytics notice:
This site uses Google Analytics and cookies that are used to collect data. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
I use the policy generated at Ben Nadel.com:
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Danaan.net’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Danaan.net’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Danaan.net at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Danaan.net’s web site are provided “as is”. Danaan.net makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Danaan.net does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Danaan.net or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Danaan.net’s Internet site, even if Danaan.net or a Danaan.net authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Danaan.net’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Danaan.net does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Danaan.net may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Danaan.net does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Danaan.net has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Danaan.net of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Danaan.net’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
And My miscellaneous use policies:
- Play nice! Messages containing intentionally misleading or false information, defamatory content, threats, verbal abuse, harassment, obscenity , or illegal activities are not allowed.
- Spam is not allowed. Spamming includes multiple disruptive, meaningless or repetitive messages, or messages posted solely for solicitation. Messages considered spam, trolling or flaming (as determined by the administrator) can be deleted without warning or explanation.
- Fair Use: Do not post entire articles into comments. This is a potential violation of copyright laws. It’s unnecessary and results in needlessly long posts. Instead, post a brief abstract of the material and a link to the complete source. If you are not sure how much of an article you can legally post, please simply post a link to the material.
Policies revised on 8-27-14